Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Barbecue the Way it Oughta Be!"

For my first post of my blog project i decided to go a little out of my comfort zone when it comes to the things that I eat. This would definitely have to be my highlight of the weekend.
When I awoke at around 2:00pm on Sunday, October 17, and realized that it’s was hardly time for breakfast. Still, all I decided to have was a bowl of cereal. Froot Loops to be exact. I ate my cereal and went up to my room to get dressed and ready before I head to a dinner date. My date was set at 6:00pm, and I decided not to eat anymore until then, to preserve my appetite.
When I arrived at the place “Smokin’ Als” of Massapequa Park, NY, I was met with the sound of jazz music playing, and portraits of dancing pigs. “How ironic“, I thought. These are the very pigs that we read about in class, that don’t sound as happy as they seem in these murals. What was most confusing was the fact that we were at a steak/pork house with a motto that says, "Barbecue the Way it Oughta Be!".
I ordered a burger thinking it was just enough to fill me up until I can eat some of my date’s food, since she never finishes. However, when this burger arrived it definitely lived up to its name of the “Mile High Burger.” Packed with mushrooms, American cheese, and a 12oz. piece of steak, it was just enough food to make me nauseous from taking that one…last…bite. My date ordered the half rack of “Monster Ribs.” One thing I found out from this place is that they offer big portions, for a reasonable price. These ribs seemed to have belonged to a cow of some sort, and were paired with a mountain of mash potatoes, mac n’ cheese, and a square of corn bread. It was enough to fill us both up, plus a doggy bag that serves us both for the next day.
I paid no mind to what I was eating, and since this place had no calorie count on the menu it didn’t cross my mind. I would recommend this place to people if they are very hungry, and have a reasonable amount of money. I found it a bit embarrassing to take pictures of such a monstrous meal, but I stayed true to my report and snapped away.


1 comment:

  1. i love steak :D and i think i will definitely go there, and i see you go around food places which is nice, but it will be helpful if you mention price ranges on your blogs too ;)

    ReplyDelete